Paul and Janel Gamm took over the Inn in 2013 and changed the name to the “Inn at the Isles”. The main buildings date back to the mid 1800’s and were originally part of the one of the first farms on the island. In the 1920’s, the original farm house was converted to a inn and was called “Bayview Inn”. The name was changed to the “Terry Lodge” in the 1950’s. Although many upgrades and changes have been made to the original Inn over the years- most of the charm and décor of the original Inn has been preserved.
Paul and Janel decided to continue to run the inn and have all of the profits go to the non-profit organization, People Helping People Global. Their daughter, Isabel Tuck, and her husband, Alex, co-founded the organization in 2009.
The organization provides interest-free microloans to individuals living on less than $2 per day. These loans are then used to start or expand small businesses. As the loans are repaid, that same funding is used to issue new loans in the community and start new businesses. You can learn more about the organization by visiting their webpage.